Monday, February 27, 2012

There's a first for everything

I have finally, finally begun making my very first quilt. It's not really a quilt, because I am not actually piecing different fabrics together. But it is a quilt in the fact that I am sewing mostly straight lines over all the blanket. I am following this awesome tutorial I found on the wonderful, marvelous pinterest. It's about time, considering this was one of my 2011 2012 New Year's resolutions. Better late than never, right? Here are some snapshots of the process so far.

AKA "sewing machine for dummies". I'm a fan though. This baby is like the little engine that could


they are almost straight!

my very first time running out of a spool! How exciting.
Here's to hoping that the finished product will be posted up here sooner rather than later...!

No comments:

Post a Comment