Saturday, October 1, 2011

Busy: the equivalent to being blessed

Well, apparently going from sitting at home all day to work, school, and being a wife is a big adjustment! Don't get me wrong, I couldn't feel more blessed. My job is the most exciting job I have ever had, and I love the people I work with. I can't believe how quick I began to love these middle schoolers, in spite of all their challenges. I have learned many lessons from them:

1. We are a desperate hopeless people on our own, in need of a Savior
2. Referring to how desperate and hopeless we are, God is a VERY PATIENT, merciful God. Many days I come home and tell Jason I used all my patience for the day at work, and he reminds me "that is not true patience". He is so right... darn it :)
3. There is no reason I have been so lucky to grow up with a loving, God-loving family, other than God's grace. So why not share that with everyone else?

School has been great as well. There are many advantages to online school as well as disadvantages. I really enjoy self-managing my time and classes, and I enjoy organizing it all into my own schedule. I probably do 5 hours of school work every weekday, so it is demanding. The main disadvantage is when you are struggling with a concept, you have to be able to communicate very well your confusion in an email to your professor. Having said that, it is a good thing to learn how to communicate better, always... especially for that wonderful thing called marriage :). Well anyway, I am thoroughly enjoying my classes. I do get overwhelmed at times, but I will never take this opportunity to earn my education for granted: it has been a long unpredictable journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment