Tuesday, April 3, 2012

spring break, the early days

Today was one of the most fun days I have ever had! Before I tell you what I did, I am going to give you a moment to imagine the amazing, fun, wild, crazy day I had... so go on, dream it up...

OK? Is this what you thought of?

Del Mar dog beach, courtesy city-data.com
That's right. Forget all those wild and crazy things you though I did. I was thoroughly entertained by a trip to the dog beach. But trust me, you would be too. In fact, I was far too busy to even take any pictures. It was one of those days where you knew the memories would outrun the pictures by a mile. Starbuck was all over the place: running, jumping, swimming, wrestling, fetching, and climbing. Any activity available to him, he was doing to its fullest.

It's basically the perfect mash-up of two of my favorite things: Starbuck and the beautiful beaches of Southern California.

you can imagine his joy in climbing all over this. (courtesy sandiegoasap.com)

Even better, I was able to spend the day with my friend Christina, and her dog. We were even lucky enough to bring a dear friend's daughter, Piper, along for the day. She got lots of giggles out of Starbuck's crazy hyper state.

I truly felt like a little kid on spring break today. I could have run back and forth across the beach through the waves all. day. long. with my wet'n'wild pooch.

the aftermath of the day. Two salty, sandy, and soon to be well-rested pups

1 comment:

  1. How fun! Dog beach is great......and your doggie friends are adorable <3

    ReplyDelete