Tuesday, April 17, 2012

laugh. dance. California.

I sort of completely stole this title idea from my friend Taryn. But, its totally OK, because a) I just cited her and b) she is a big part of this post!

For the rest of my spring break, I was lucky enough to have visitors! First was Taryn. She is one of those people who knows how to squeeze every bit of fun, laughter, and life out of every experience. It is a breath of fresh air to have her around. And, we did breathe a LOT of fresh air on her visit! We were so excited to get to run together once again, and we also went on a very awesome 6 mile hike together to conquer a mountain! Once we got to the top, Taryn and I did some yoga poses, and Starbuck collected some ticks. Here's some snapshots...
Going up, up, UP!

shadows on the top of the mountain

striking a pose

Cause we're the best of friends, having so much fun together!

Taryn is awesome! Striking a real pose, dancer

Starbuck, being traumatized by us asking him where his BFF West is. It's been over a year since they have seen each other, and he still remembers his name.
This was such a fun, exhausting hike! Days later, we discovered some unwelcome friends we made along the way (Starbuck had some ticks, and then passed one onto me... YUCK). There is really nothing better than exploring the beautiful earth God created for us while laughing with a friend.

Later that day, my mom flew in to visit! We had to hurry home to rest so we could all do our 5K the next morning.
We are champs
later that day, we packed a picnic to have at Del Mar beach. The PERFECT picnic spot!

Easter Sunday
I am very thankful for my mom and Taryn, and that they were willing to sacrifice time and money to come visit me! I am one lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment