Saturday, May 12, 2012

Coffee Table

There has got to be another word to describe this awesome piece of furniture. Coffee table? I don't even drink coffee. Lemonade table? Tea table? junk catch-all table? We will consider it a work in progress.

I was running one Saturday morning, and came across a garage sale. One thing led to another, and next thing I knew, I was shoving a $20 scuffed-up pier one brand coffee table. What a deal! When Jason got home, we discussed what to do with it. Between both of our ideas, I was really happy with the final result. It is totally both of our style.

the table, in its original state, with the legs off.

I pulled the nail heads off, one by one, and ripped the leather off.

Let the sanding begin. This is where Jason's skills became more important than mine.

letting the paint dry. One of the many layers. Paint, sand, repeat.

hard to tell in the picture, but the colors are grey and sea foam blue.

laid out postcards I got from anthropologie. Each one is a different classic Penguin book cover.

just waiting for the glass to put on top

Finished with a glass topper, and fresh lemons.
What do you think? I've got some leftover postcards that I'd love to do something with!

1 comment:

  1. So much fun! Kirk and I both love this, so well done!

    ReplyDelete